Membership & Support
Join a distinguished international network of leading women-identifying and nonbinary professionals in the visual arts. Through our national membership network and community initiatives, we expand opportunities for women-identifying and nonbinary professionals from diverse backgrounds at all stages of their careers, fostering a stronger future for these professionals in the arts.
Help us grow our network and support women-identifying and nonbinary professionals in the arts. Nominate an eligible women-identifying or nonbinary professional for membership and sponsor their membership dues!
ArtTable is a 501(c)(3) corporation under Internal Revenue Service regulations. Dues paid in excess of $125 are tax deductible to the extent allowable by law.
Affiliate Level Membership
ArtTable has a new level of membership! The Affiliate Level welcomes women-identifying and nonbinary professionals with 2-5 years of work experience in the arts.
For the first time, emerging professionals now have access to ArtTable’s programs and network at a reduced price. Affiliate Membership will help bring new perspectives and voices to ArtTable, and allow a broader population to fully engage with our programming and initiatives. With the addition of this level, ArtTable is delighted to now offer membership options for women-identifying and nonbinary professionals in the early stages of their careers.
Refunds and Credits: Please note that all programs and membership fees are non-refundable. If you have made a program or membership transaction in error, upon request, we can convert the amount to a fully tax-deductible donation.
Membership provides networking opportunities, as well as mentorship programs and professional development opportunities. For a full list of benefits of ArtTable membership, see below.
Emerging professionals who have 2-5 years of professional experience.
General membership for members under 35 years of age. Proof of age required.
General membership for ArtTable.
Benefits of Professional Membership, plus:
- Priority registration for select programs
- Invitation to a private event for Executive members
ArtTable Circle $1,000
Benefits of Executive Membership, plus:
- Invitations to special private events, including one during the annual benefit weekend
- VIP access, networking opportunities, and private programming at art fairs
- Opportunity to bring one guest at no charge to select ArtTable events
- Early sign-up for ArtTable domestic and international trips Listing on ArtTable’s website and annually in Table Talk, ArtTable’s newsletter
- Complimentary access to ArtTable virtual programming*
*Does not include virtual fundraising events.
Friends of ArtTable
Friends of ArtTable includes individuals who contribute $2,000 or more annually. In addition to our traditional benefits, as part of this annual high-level donor group ArtTable members will receive invitations to exclusive events and programs throughout the year and more. To become a friend of ArtTable, please select to renew your membership dues at $2,000 or higher online, or contact us at 212-343-1735.
- $5,000 | Benefactor of ArtTable
- $2,500 | Patron of ArtTable
ArtTable is committed to providing members with special access and tangible and resourceful benefits for members at various stages of their careers.
News & Insights
We’ll make sure you’re always on top of the latest developments in the art world. From industry news to comings and goings, ArtTable provides insider insight relevant to women working in the visual arts.
You’ll have access to our full, members-only website, which includes our extensive directory of 1,200+ members across the world, access to our job board, and our suggestions on the best things to see and do around the world.
Meet and cultivate lasting relationships with fellow professional women in the art world.
Attend panel discussions to discuss timely issues facing professionals in the art world, and continue professional development in the areas of business, finance, management, and leadership.
ArtTable members have behind-the-scenes access to such exclusive art world experiences as curator-led exhibition tours, private visits to collectors’ homes, artist studio visits, VIP access to art fairs, and more.
You’ll get exclusive invitations to join ArtTable on trips to unique art destinations around the world—excursions that have been expertly tailored for art savvy travelers. Visit art world gems like Brazil, Germany, Greece, Italy, and Japan with small groups of fellow members. (Not included in your membership fee).
ARTBOOK | D.A.P. - Enjoy a 25% discount and free shipping
ARTnews - Purchase an 18% discount on a one-year subscription
Employer Matching Gift
Increase the impact of your contribution! Many employers are proud to support non-profit organizations and will match their employees' contributions. Check with your Human Resources Department regarding your company’s policies. If your contribution to ArtTable qualifies for a match, please contact Jessica L. Porter at (212) 343-1735 x11 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ArtTable works closely with our partners to develop sponsorship packages that are tailored to meet a company’s unique goals and needs, and offer significant recognition, visibility, and special event opportunities. The benefits of support are tiered with opportunities to engage this key audience. These may include access to VIP events, including membership programming; client entertaining opportunities, including private tours, key logo placement at events and much more.
- Public and Private ProgramsEach year, ArtTable presents over 200 public and private programs across the nation creating dialogue on critical art-world topics. These programs are a great way to improve brand visibility while supporting timely art issues.
- Annual BenefitAlign your brand with ArtTable’s Annual Benefit & Awards Ceremony, which brings together some 500 guests, including leading figures in business, the arts, and philanthropy as well as renowned artists.
Stock Gift Options
- Gifts of appreciated securities
A gift of an appreciated asset is a valuable way to contribute to ArtTable. By donating long-term appreciated securities, including stocks, bonds, and mutual funds, you can generally take a tax deduction for the full fair market value of your gift. ArtTable also receives a larger gift than it would receive if you first sold the stock and then donated the proceeds after deducting the capital gain taxes.
- Qualified charitable distribution
A Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) allows you to directly transfer funds from your IRA to ArtTable. This is not considered taxable income to you, so you do not to pay income tax on the distribution. A QCD can also count toward satisfying your annual required minimum distribution. Keep in mind you must be age 70 ½ or older to take advantage of a QCD. Additionally, the maximum amount that qualifies for a QCD each year is $100,000.
How you can make a gift now to benefit ArtTable later
- Make a gift in your will or trustA bequest from your estate may help you achieve your financial goals and benefit ArtTable. This gift is easy to implement with the help of an estate planning attorney. It also gives you flexibility to change your mind and access your wealth down the road, should you need it.
- Designate a retirement account beneficiaryConsider naming ArtTable as beneficiary of your retirement assets, including IRAs, 401(k) plans, and profit-sharing plans. By naming ArtTable as a beneficiary for these types of accounts, income tax can be avoided and 100% of the account can support our mission. Also, unlike a bequest, there is no need to change your estate planning documents. You simply submit a new beneficiary designation to your plan provider.
A Charitable Remainder Trust (CRT) can benefit both you and ArtTable. It can provide you with a source of income for your lifetime. When you pass, ArtTable receives the balance of the trust assets. A CRT is often more appropriate for larger gifts and should be done with the help of an estate planning attorney.
A Charitable Lead Trust (CLT) can also be valuable to both you and ArtTable. When you create a CLT, the annual income benefits ArtTable for a period of time chosen by you. At the end of the term, the remainder passes to you or your family members, potentially reducing your estate tax liability. Like a CRT, a CLT is a more appropriate for larger gifts and should be done with the help of an estate planning attorney.
For a current listing of sponsorship opportunities, contact Jessica L. Porter, Executive Director at email@example.com.
Support Our Initiatives
Since 1980 ArtTable has been working to advance the professional leadership of women-identifying and nonbinary professionals in the visual arts. Through a dynamic calendar of events throughout the year, ArtTable aims to educate and inform our members about significant developments and issues in the visual arts, while providing networking opportunities.
ArtTable is a 501(c)(3) organization. Donations are tax-deductible to the full extent allowable by the law. We work closely with individuals, foundations, and corporate partners to develop programs for our membership and the public that provide exposure, prospects, and opportunities to build new collaborative ideas and relationships.
We thank you for your generosity and continuing support of ArtTable.